University academic is Prince William’s first ever investiture
Find out more about the undergraduate courses available
Find out more about continuing your
studies within the School
How is our research organised in the school?
Discover more about the School and its history
Professor Philip Keeley has been awarded a
National Teaching Fellowship
Connect with us
What we do at Manchester
Recognised as one of Europe's leading nursing education and research centres providing a broad range of nursing courses including pre-registration nursing, undergraduate and postgraduate post qualifying courses and MPhil/PhD
Working closely with a range of NHS Trusts across Greater Manchester and the North West region providing excellent and varied facilities for clinical practice
- Social work
Providing excellent social work education, training and innovative research offering a postgraduate pre-qualifying social work course and post-qualifying courses including MRes Health and Social Care, MPhil and PhD
- Making dementia friendly neighbourhoods
A European team of experts led by The University of Manchester will explore, investigate and evaluate the role of the neighbourhood in the everyday lives of people with dementia and their families in a new research project announced during the G8 dementia summit today (11 December).
- Stockings perform better than bandages to treat leg ulcers
A new study has found that leg ulcers take the same time to heal when people wear compression stockings rather than traditional bandages.
- Success for Manchester’s Academic Health Science Centre bid
Manchester’s aim to become a leading international centre for turning innovative research into improved health for people locally and globally has received a major boost.
- Faculty Research Series 2014 | Speakers (TBC)12:30 - 14:00 Wednesday 28 May 2014
Host: School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work
- School: staff list
School: staff search
Search by name or by research interests
- Cancer, supportive and palliative care: research group members
- Long-term conditions and self care: research group members
- Developing and evaluating complex interventions: research theme members
- DART: research theme members
- Personal Social Services Research Unit (PSSRU): research unit members
- Social care and population health: research group members
University: staff search
Search online directory