Rest of the world links
Worldwide history of nursing
- American Association for the History of Nursing
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery History Project
- British Columbia History of Nursing Group
- Centenary of the American Nurses Association
An on-line exhibition detailing ten decades of change. The exhibition was put up in 1996.
- Center for Nursing Historical Inquiry
University of Virginia, USA.
- Center for The Study of The History of Nursing
University of Pennsylvania, USA.
- Margaret M Allemang Centre for the History of Nursing
- The Canadian Association for the History of Nursing
Worldwide primary sources
- What is the use of the Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada?
Aberdeen and Temair, Ishbel Gordon, Marchioness of, 1857-1939. Published: 1900
- Historic Newspapers on the internet
- Journal of the Association for History and Computing
This online journal includes guidance on standards for online publishing. Useful for anyone contemplating using material published on the internet.
- Nursing History Review
A Bibliography of Women's History in Historical and Women's Studies Journals. Includes 115 international History Journals.
- Australian and New Zealand Society for the History of Medicine
The ANZSHM has an important strand of research in the history of nursing.
- U.S. National Library of Medicine, History of Medicine Division
- World Wide Web Virtual Library Women's History
Worldwide institutions and organisations
- Associated Medical Services Nursing History Research Unit in Ottawa, Canada
- International Council of Nurses
- International Network for the History of Hospitals
- Society for the Social History of Medicine.
Worldwide teaching and learning resources
- Virtual Library Museums Pages
A distributed directory of on-line museums
- Virtual Museum of the American Red Cross
The University of Manchester is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.